Self-propelled Lawn Mowers Factory explains how to clean your lawnmower's air filter:
1. The foam filter element should be cleaned every 25 hours, and the dust should be more frequent.
2. To clean the foam filter element, use kerosene or washing liquid and water to clean it, squeeze it to dry, then soak it in the oil, squeeze out the excess oil and then install it. If "DONNOTOIL" is printed, there is no need to add oil.
3. The paper filter element is cleaned every 25 hours, more frequently when the dust is large.
4. Clean the front filter every 25 hours with the front air filter, and clean the paper core every 100 hours. It should be more frequent when the dust is large.
5. The cleaning of the front air filter is the same as that of the foam filter element.
6. The paper filter element should be tapped on a flat surface. If it is very dirty, a should be replaced or washed in low or non-foaming detergent and warm water solution; b rinse thoroughly with running water from inside to outside until the water is clean; c stand upright and air dry.
7. Note: Do not use petroleum solvents, such as kerosene, to clean the paper core. As it may cause the paper core to deteriorate, do not put oil on the paper core, and do not clean or dry the paper core with compressed air.